Buying a Home
You have decided that it is time to buy. You give me a call or drop me an email, and I start working on your behalf. It is exciting and terrifying. You are making a long-term commitment and spending a major amount of money, you will feel much better if you stay informed and understand what’s happening every step along the way.
No two buyers are the same. First time buyers, up sizing, downsizing, relocating, family splits, estate sale, whatever the situation, we all have special needs and we will work together to get you settled into the perfect home.
Chances are you will need some mortgage advise and if this is the case, our first step (if you don’t already have one) is getting you lined up with a mortgage specialist to review your finances, educate you on the types of mortgages and pre-qualify you. This will prepare you, when you start your search, knowing in advance what you can comfortably afford.
Next is to make up your wish list. Discuss what is important to you. Location – rural or subdivision, style, age of home, fixer upper or move in ready is a good place to start.
As your real estate agent, my most important job is to make the home shopping process pleasant and rewarding for you. Before you view a property, I provide you with in-depth details on the home, so you can make an informed decision. This includes desired closing dates, market value, days on the market, comparable sales and more. I also give you the scoop on the neighbourhood, so you get a clear sense of what an area is like in terms of lifestyle, safety, schools, etc. You can count on me to steer you away from undesirable areas and point out only those I suspect you’d like.
- Are you ready to go see some homes? Let me set up some showings.
- What happens next? We find you the perfect home and we make an offer to purchase. Here’s what typically happens:
- I’ll recommend a price that has the best chance of being accepted by the seller, without over-paying for the home. We will go over the conditions we need to include such as home inspection, financing, and insurance.
- I’ll prepare the necessary legal documents and present your offer to the seller’s agent.
- If the offer is not accepted, or if the seller makes a counteroffer, I’ll work with the seller’s agent, skillfully negotiating on your behalf to make a deal.
- I’ll communicate with you throughout the entire process. You’re never in the dark when you work with me.
- Once the seller agrees to a deal, I’ll help lead you through removal of any conditions and closing the deal. Then, the home is yours. Congratulations!